CURRENT AND PAST PROGRAMS
- 2016-2017 sponsorship of New York Zen Center of Contemplative Care in implementing their accredited training programs that teaches the integration of Eastern spiritual techniques into clinical care that can be applied in hospital, hospices and other healthcare settings
- 2016-2017 sponsorship of an online lecture series in on Traditional Chinese Medicine by Chinese Medicine Database (for a list of the lectures, see here)
2016-2017 sponsorship of Brook Hollow Productions to complete the “Sustainable Herb Project” by Terrence Youk and Anne Armbrecht with the intent to follow traditional Ayurvedic medicinal plants from their point of origin through the supply chain to the consumers in the West. In addition to bringing this supply chain to life with stories from collectors, processors, traders and finished-product producers, the sponsored interactive website will document what it takes to produce high-quality Ayurvedic herbal supplements for the West and outline the challenges to quality, sustainability and equity in the botanical industry.
- Collaboration and sponsorship of research at the National Taiwan University Hospital to study Tai Chi exercise intervention and longevity, by assessing telomere length in those practicing Tai Chi.
- Sponsorship of The Chinese Medicine Database (cm-db.com), a translator and publisher of classical East Asian medicine texts, to complete their translation of Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing Du by Chen Xiu Yuan. The book was successfully published in Dec 2016 and can be ordered here
- 2012 establishment and sponsorship of collaborative research effort with Pine Street Foundation and Michael McCulloch PhD meta-analyzing the impact of traditional Chinese herbs in addition to conventional chemotherapy on the treatment of cancer. The full article Chinese Herbal Medicine and Fluorouracil-Based Chemotherapy for Colorectal Cancer: A Quality-Adjusted Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. was published in 2016 in Integr Cancer Ther. 2016 Sep;15(3):285-307. doi: 10.1177/1534735416638738. Epub 2016 May 4. Abstract here
- 2011 research into the potential of anti-cancer properties of naturally derived anti-malarials, culminating in the publication of the review in Drug Discovery Today in September 2012.
- One of the world’s largest database on anti-cancer natural products was developed since 2004 in collaboration with other research institutions and regulatory bodies, and with a generous pledge from the Gray Charitable Trust of Bryn Mawr. In the bilingual database, we collated a comprehensive natural and clinical data on over 300 Asian anti-cancer natural products ( especially focusing on research information from non-English language sources). This database can be freely accessed by the public at our asiancancerherb site.
- We offer authentic Traditional Chinese and Tibetan medicine through our affiliate in New York, the Meridian Medical Group.
- We co-sponsored major conventions or conferences bridging Eastern and Western medicine, including the 1st International Asian Therapies for Cancer conference, the 1st International Tibetan Medicine Congress, and the Health and Healing in the Next Millennium conferences.
- We sponsored the publication of the periodical AyurVijnana by the International Trust for Traditional Medicine (ITTM)
- We jointly sponsored the research and preservation of endangered Himalayan herbs in Nepal withEarthwatch Institute as well as the Institute for Traditional Medicine.
- We actively pursue other research projects related to Traditional Ayurvedic, Chinese, Tibetan and other Asian healing traditions.